TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress is the latest generation of our high quality video encoding program. With an impressive array of new features and options, coupled with an expanded output format list, TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress provides users with an environment that affords them total control over the encoding process. We’ve done our best to listen to our users and add features that they’ve requested since we released version 3.0, and we are proud to present this latest version of our flagship software program.
New ease-of-use features such as the ability to split clips, import multiple files at once, and apply a single filter to multiple files at once all help to speed up your workflow, allowing you to get more done in less time. New filters allow for even more effects and enhancements to your video content (we’ve even included the ability to add subtitles to your video, in a variety of different ways!). At the same time, we’ve kept a lot of features that our users are familiar with, such as high-speed thumbnail viewing, frame-level cut editing, MPEG Tools, our Batch Encoder Tool, and the Source Wizard to import DVDVideo and DVR-MS files. Other new features that expand TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress’s functionality include the ability to create slideshows and export them as video clips, the ability to edit your filter list, and a histogram and simple vectorscope for verifying color.
Finally, we’ve added the ability to import and output a host of new formats, including options for High-Definition Video, DivX®, MPEG-4 (including the H.264 specification), AVCHD input, Blu-ray MPEG-2 output, QuickTime output, and MP3 support. Also, as before, we give you as much control as we can over the way your output is formatted, letting you tweak the settings where possible, so your video files come out the way you want. TMPGEnc 2.5 Plus was good. TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress was better. TMPGenc 4.0 XPress is the best so far we have to offer. We hope you enjoy it.
TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress encoder is now twice as powerful as before. Offering the most common file formats including HDV import/output along with DivX 6 AVI, MPEG-1/2/4, QuickTime (MOV), and Window Media (WMV/WMV-HD/WMA) input/output. TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress gives you the freedom to take almost any video file and encode it to your desired file format including DivX, AVI, QuickTime, MPEG 4-ISO, H.264, DVD-video, DVD-VR, HDV camcorder, Blu-ray Disc and much more. This powerful software provides you with functions and features ranging from a simple cut-editor tool to multiple powerful video filtering and effects. TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress gives you an easier way of encoding with 4 steps: Start, Input, Output, Encode, along with settings template so you don’t waste your time figuring out the spec settings. Now it doesn’t take a video guru to be able to encode video; with the simple user interface, workflow is a lot more enjoyable.
Changes in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Version 126.96.36.1999 - January 11, 2010:
- Added - AAC 5.1 ch (6 channels) import support. (Importation of an MPEG-2 TS file containing an AAC stream up to 5.1 channels is now possible.) In addition, when importing an AAC stream you can manually set the number of channels in the "Clip properties" stage of the "Clip editor" window.
- Added - Multistream selector function in the MPEG file reader. You now have the possibility to select a specific video and audio stream when the MPEG-1/2 source file contains several video and audio streams.
- Added - Support of the Microsoft TV recorder file format "WTV".
(WTV file importation is possible on the computer that recorded the file, or can create such files, and are not copy-protected.)
- Improved - MP4/AVCHD File Reader updated. Should allow the importation of files that could not be previously imported, and solve the playback speed issue.
- Improved - YUV color space information contained in the source file is now taken in account when imported through the MP4/AVCHD File Reader. If no color space information is available, the BT.709 or SMPTE 170M color space is automatically selected according to the pixel rate.
- Improved - When outputting an MPEG-4 file, the YUV color space is selected according to the resolution and framerate, the color space is then converted to the selection before the encoding stage.
- Improved - When the Batch encode tool fails to retreive the automatically saved batch list it now displays an error message, erases the batch list and resets.
- Improved - Following a silence, the audio uniformization filter could highly increase the volume, resulting in an explosion-like effect. The improved filter reduces the occurence of such an issue.
- Fixed - An audio gap would appear when continuing to import a file through the DirectShow reader without seeking it.
- Fixed - The DirectShow Reader audio management has been adjusted, allowing the DivX Reader to correctly get the audio.
- Fixed - AAC decoding now resumes instead of stopping after some corrupted data has been encountered.
- Fixed - Some flawed header or trailer MPEG files are now importable through the MPEG File Reader.
- Fixed - The Windows Media Audio file output does not allow the registration of unexpected file extensions anymore.
- Fixed - The DivX file output basic mode would always set the level to Medium even when Low or High was selected.
- Fixed - In the DivX file output, reducing the profile would display a wrong framerate in the window.
- Fixed - In the DivX file output, it was possible to select a non-standard MP3 bitrate.
- Fixed - The Batch encode tool would sometimes display an error message when started, and not display it when restarted.
- Fixed - The WAVE file output advanced mode would note .1 ch even when no .1 ch was selected.
- Fixed - The Smart sharpness filter picture edge processing is stricter, reducing the occurence of possible problems.
- Fixed - The seek bar motion is now smoother in the Preview display window, or when disabling the thumbnail display in the Clip cut-edit window.
- Fixed - Other minor fixes.